This time last year we were prepping for our first instalment of Creative Process. Being the first event we (Gregg and Rob) had put together we didn’t know what to expect. Our vision was always to get a variety of awesome speakers from different backgrounds and create an awesome event.
Creative Process #1 was a success with a great line up – Brendan Dawes, Jake and Dan from JP74, Web Developer Dan Donald, Journalist David Lloyd from SevenStreets, and Gary McGarvey the man behind Screenadelica.
Creative Process #2 we knew what to expect so we gave our lovely attendees a limited edition print, booklet and also some food and beer!! Our speakers for the evening where Elliot Jay Stocks – Founder of 8 Faces magazine, Gemma Germains from local agency WellMade Studio, Photographer Pete Carr and Illustrator/Joker Will Daw. We went a little further and also got the Uke Hunters to put on a little set for us…
After April’s success we announced our third event to take place the first week of August – but there was a big hiccup along the way. With lack of ticket sales we had to postpone the event and for all the hard work that we had put in it came to nothing. So we got together and decided to put on an event people would remember. That’s what we now call Creative Process #3.
Here’s a few things we learnt along the way:
• Don’t do an event over the summer holidays
• Don’t leave it too late to promote the event
• Listen to our attendees feedback more
• Put together a more diverse list of speakers
Next month we are proud to put on our third event in a new venue, with more speakers spanning over a full afternoon. There will be free buffet food and a drink along with various goodies from our brilliant sponsors.
Starting from 4pm at Oh Me Oh My on Water Street we will have:
- Ji Lee – a creative director at Facebook speaking to us live from New York
- Denise Wilton – creative director and designer at BERG London
- The Boy Fitzhammond – illustrator
- Sam Meech – multidisciplinary artist
- Gavin Strange from Aardman Studios
- Glenn Maguire – director at SparkleMedia motion grpahics
- Anthony Casey – web designer and ale afficionado
We’ll have prizes up for grabs and there will be plenty of time to socialise and network.
It’s hard to be up against the excellent Designival put on by Uniform, Smiling Wolf and Black & Ginger but with the price of both being equivalent to a ticket for Designival last year you can do both!
We’re already organising speakers for next year! Exciting times.